Spring 2012 baseball at West Seminole, has pretty much finished other than All Stars starting June, 13th. Parents are reminded to either pick images for prepaid orders or purchase photos online. This ongoing fundraiser brings 50% of sales back to the organization and has been ongoing for 5 consecutive seasons. Images are available online indefinitely, however funds are rewarded back to WSB at the end of each season.
Occasionally, parents question the costs of photos/collages produced for this fundraiser.
A few points to note:
- pricing is competitive, if not greatly cheaper than other providers of photography services at this quality level.
- a 4x6" print costs .13 at Costco, an 8x10" is $1.49 and a 16x20" is $6.00. But it might have taken 1, or 3 games, a rain delay and 100 tries to get the images for that printed photograph or collage.
- 31 teams for me this season. Average was 4 visits per team 1-2 hours per game....that's about 186 hours on the fields.
- 8500 posted images this season taking time off the field and put in front of the computer; most sorted, labeled and cropped. 10,000 more reviewed did not make the cut and were deleted.
- cost for order forms, posters, business cards, postage, sales tax (not applicable to online orders), gas (to the field, Costco & other drop offs), and other printing supplies - all come out of the sales bottom line.
- hours of time is spent emailing reminding parents to pick or approve images for their orders.
- on the average, for a team of 12 players:
2 parents prepay for pictures or collages
3 parents request pictures without paying a deposit
2 of the previous will not purchase any pictures
1 parent will purchase pictures after the season has officially ended
In spite of the previous points, one has to have a passion for photography and more specifically little league baseball. After browsing some of my images, I think you will see that I have that passion. Thanks for visiting!